Hello everyone. First I want to say thanks for making 2017 an amazing year. Sometimes its hard to keep up with the new portion of this website because we do so much on instagram and facebook. Sorry if we neglect this sometimes. Please do take a moment to peek at our instagram pages @grimnorth_tattoo, @grimnorthpiercing @teawulfe @jmwulfe @joshuabelanger (and our side Project @laserbrainpatchco) or our Facebook page. Sign up for our chill mailing list.
So we are really heading into tax season. Every year it comes up on us silent and deadly. Last week I had 4 cancelations, and this week I’ve already had 20 e-mails for March. We get slammed quickly. So Im writing this info blog as a way to help you all out in navigating the confusion of tax season tattoos.
- First, we are really excited to get so many amazing ideas. The fact that you all trust us with your bodies, and your dreams is amazing and we are so grateful to work with you. It’s awesome to meet so many interesting people and we love it.
- There are only so many hours in a day and a week. Saturday appointments get booked quickly. Josh will often leave part of his Saturdays open so that he can take walk-ins, but Stina and James have most of their Saturday waiting lists booked for 2-3 months. If you are trying to get a tattoo appointment and you can only do Saturdays please let your artists know ahead of time, otherwise we will assume your schedule is flexible.
- Please read our FAQ. I know I know, its so long and boring. BUT it explains how our waiting lists work, what ID we need, the costs/rates, what you should bring to your appointment, and some safety tips. We want your experience to be easy and amazing, we want your tattoo to be perfect, so take a moment to read the FAQ before you book.
- E-mail. During the normal year we try and get back to emails as quickly as possible but keep in mind that we are often tattooing for 8 hours a day, and then drawing up your appointments. Sometimes it can be a little bit before we can reply to all of our emails. During Tax season, the shop might get literally 200+ emails a week. During this time I spend 8 hours a week replying to e-mail and often don’t answer it all. We try our hardest, but during March and April, its common for e-mail to take 2 weeks for a reply. Keep in mind that our waiting lists are usually 3 months in march, so the 2 week wait for e-mail does not effect your tattoo wait time. If you would like to get a tattoo with the shortest wait time possible, please fill out an appointment form and pick Josh as your tattooer. He has the shortest waiting list.
- Pricing and cost. This is often the most difficult of questions because each style of tattoo, the size of the tattoo, each location of body, each color of ink, can change the amount of time the tattoo takes. The best way to get an accurate price guesstimate is to give us an accurate size guess of what you want. If you are a tiny person and you tell me your arm is 6 feet long, you are not going to get an accurate price guess. So grab a ruler and fill out our appointment form with a realistic size guess. Any tattoo under 3 hours long will be priced be size. Our shop minimum is $70. Stina’s and James’ tattoo minimum prices are $250. Tattoos over 3 hours long will be priced hourly. Josh’s hourly rate is $125 an hour with a minimum of 3 hour appointments. Stina’s and James’ hourly rate is $150 an hour with a minimum of 3 hour appointments.
- Please take a look at our portfolios. Our instagrams have our most up to date work. @grimnorth_tattoo @teawulfe @jmwulfe @joshuabelanger Pick an artist who’s style interests you. If you want a design that we don’t think will work with any of our styles, we will be happy to point you to a trusted colleague who’s style works with you.
PLEASE SIGN UP FOR THE MAILING LIST. We only mail our list about 5 times a year and it’s usually for events, raffles, prizes, gift certificate sales, and special news.
So I hope I haven’t made anyone too overwhelmed haha. We really love working with you, and we want it to be nice and easy for you to understand our processes so that you don’t feel worried and you get the best tattoo. If you have a question, just give us a call or drop an email. If you have a design you want to get but aren’t sure what will work, just drop us an email, we are happy to help. We are really excited for this upcoming tax season, and we are excited to do a ton of awesome new work. Thanks so much for considering us/choosing us/ getting tattooed/ or just checking out our work. -Stina
Make sure to sign up for our mailing list because we have big plans for this years May the 4th be with you/ Star Wars day!