Hello, we’ve had a lot of calls and emails asking us what’s going on. Honestly, this is a stressful and confusing time for us all.
We are currently closed to the public, though we are answering e-mail and messages. The state has recommended that we pause work and social distance for the time being. We do not know when we will be allowed to work again. If you have an appointment in the next week, we will be contacting you, and putting you back on the list to be rescheduled. If you are on the list to get a tattoo, we will be pausing scheduling for the time being. We are trying to keep the appointments for a couple weeks out, but may be forced to cancel those as well. Sadly we can’t know until we are closer to the time. If you would like to make an appointment, we will be answering appointment forms and discussing ideas via Email.
Our piercer, Steph, is answering emails and helping people with jewelry online. Please Message her with your questions.
We are selling gift cards online, feel free to go to the store. And we are all taking art commissions, doing portraits or pet portraits. Feel free to email GrimNorth@me.com if you’d like to request one.
We are extremely sorry this is the situation but please bear with us, this is a very stressful time for us all. Be safe.
Stina, James, Steph and Josh
This is the time of year we get a lot of people who want to get a piercing and go swimming. We do not recommend it, because of chance of infection.
We often have people arguing that it’s safe, and the ocean is filled with salt water which is great for healing. Sure , saline, or a salt water rinse with sanitary water is a great way to heal a piercing. Check out our aftercare section for instructions. But ocean water is not clean or safe.
Here’s some reasons why.
This is at the beach next to the sidewalk. There’s some in portsmouth, york, Wells, hampton. Car oil, trash, the coffee you pour out of your car window, the cigarette butts… it all goes into here when it rains.
Here’s a whale taking a giant crap. In fact, all the ocean creatures take giant craps. And on top of that, there’s illegal wastes dumping that happens.
Here’s a picture of an oil spill. Also, the ocean is filled with minor leaks from boats, oil, and of course any shipwrecks….
Here’s some beach pollution. So your beach doesn’t look like this. Well, they’re all connected. You wouldn’t poop in the toilet, flush it and say “well this is clean water now so I can wash my piercing in it” ….sadly the ocean is really dirty. That’s why everyone is so upset about pollution.
We put up a new tee in the shop for preorder!
Tees will ship March 31st, and preorders will be open for the next two weeks. If you order within this window, you will receive a handful of grim stickers, goodies, free shipping within the United States, and the first 10 will receive an original alien hand drawn sketch from Josh.
These are black fashion fit unisex Next Level Apparel tees, light and thin, with discharge ink to promote a soft, comfortable feel. Perfect for staring up at the stars on a hot summer night, or running from alien terror reigning death from above.
These will be of limited quantity so be sure you preorder from our webstore.
It’s that time of year you’ve all been waiting for.
Maybe you buy yourself a gift certificate, maybe for a loved one, or maybe you send this e-mail along to your grandma. But the end result is that its our big gift certificate sale! You’ll notice we don’t really send out mailing lists often, but every year we like to say thanks to our clients and friends by sending out some special discount codes for gift certificates. When you purchase the certificates, the code space is on the last page, after you sign into paypal, so don’t forget! http://www.grimnorth.com
On November 21 @7am These codes will turn on (they are limited to certain amounts and will stop working when they sell out):
Use code TENOFF to get $10 off of $100 or more gift certificate. (limited to 25)
Use code FORTYOFF to get $40 off of a $250 or more gift certificate (Limited to 10)
Use code HOLIDAY16 to get $100 off of a $500 or more gift certificate (limited to 10)
On Saturday November 26 @9am This code will turn on (its limited and will stop working when it sells out):
Use code TWENTYOFF to get $20 off of your gift certificate order of $100 or more.
And for those of you who will wait until the last minute, we got you. On December 16th to December 21st we will be selling a 10% off any gift certificate coupon. We will ship them out on that tuesday morning Dec 22. So they really will be LAST minute. Use the code LASTMINUTE
These gift certificates are non-refundable but they also don’t expire!
The shop will be closed Tuesday March 1st and Wednesday the 2nd for a shop business trip. We’ll resume normal business hours Thursday at 11am. Also in that time, any emails sent to us will be responded to when we return. Thanks in advance, and we’re off to conduct some serious, bid’ness!
This Saturday, February 13th at 12pm, we will be having a Valentine’s flash day.
What does that mean?
- First come, first served. We will begin a list, and it will fill up. We only have a limited amount of time and space, and most of the designs are actually a good size, so we might be able to take 5 tattoos each… or 2. It will depend on you!
- You need a state ID, passport or Military ID. You have to be 18.
- Stina, James and Josh will each be tattooing. Steph will be doing piercings.
- These designs are not one off, that means we will eventually might make prints artwork or tattoo it on other people. We did draw them all, and they are custom designs.
- Stina and James will share most of their designs, so you might get whoever has time.
- Josh is an apprentice. Please understand what that means. He is very new at tattooing, and he is slow. He’s still learning. Josh will ONLY tattoo his OWN designs.
- Josh has very limited time. He will probably only do 2-3 tattoos. If you would like to get one of his designs, he is booking appointments for his designs only. (pizza,skull,coffee etc..) Tuesdays and Thursdays only. Apprentice rates. Fill out a consult form, list Josh and the design you want. He will be happy to let you know the price.
- No ribs, no hands, no stomachs, no necks today. Josh will ONLY tattoo arms and legs.
- We don’t have a lot of time to make changes to the designs. If you want things altered or added, thats ok, but you’ll have to make an appointment for a later date. For this Valentine’s day we will be doing the designs as is, and the size they are. you CAN change the colors though!
- The prices for Stina and James will be listed with the design on Valentine’s day. They are slightly discounted. Most of the designs vary between $70-$300.
- If you would like to get one of these designs, and you can’t come to our Valentine’s Flash day event, you’re welcome to fill out a consult page and make an appointment for a later day. We always LOVE to tattoo our own art. Questions? Give us a call or email us. GrimNorth@me.com
We are really excited to see everyone there. Check out some of our designs below. ( The top left designs are for Josh only.) We are going to have all sorts of treats and candy!