We are absolutely thrilled to announce that Suzanna Fisher, from Seattle, will be guest spotting Friday, June 2nd to Sunday, June 4th. Suzanna owns Bellwether Tattoo and doesn’t usually have a lot of time to travel. She is going to book up super fast. She has a wide range of skills and styles, so there’s something for everyone to love. Check out her tattoos on her instagram, and below. Then make an appointment by e-mailing her at email@example.com. Make sure to make the subject GRIM NORTH TATTOO, then tell her your name, phone#, description of tattoo, Size in inches, and body placement for your design. Attach any inspirational photos.
We put up a new tee in the shop for preorder!
Tees will ship March 31st, and preorders will be open for the next two weeks. If you order within this window, you will receive a handful of grim stickers, goodies, free shipping within the United States, and the first 10 will receive an original alien hand drawn sketch from Josh.
These are black fashion fit unisex Next Level Apparel tees, light and thin, with discharge ink to promote a soft, comfortable feel. Perfect for staring up at the stars on a hot summer night, or running from alien terror reigning death from above.
These will be of limited quantity so be sure you preorder from our webstore.
So last month I made a post about emails, scheduling and wait list times. First, I encourage you to look at our FAQ and see how we schedule and book. There are 3 tattooers here, Stina, James and Josh. Josh usually has some time free each week, and doesn’t usually have a waiting list that lasts over a month. James does a lot of black and grey work which can be very time consuming, so each piece might take more appointments. That means he has less slots open for new clients or projects. Stina has some larger pieces, but usually has room each month for some new projects.
We are now in the busiest time of year.
Everyone is getting their tax money, and everyone wants a tattoo. Please understand, we want to do all of your tattoos, but sometimes time constraints can make it difficult. Here are some things to consider;
1. We get a LOT of emails. Sometimes up to 100 a day during tax season. We are tattooing everyday and CAN NOT reply to every e-mail daily. We usually do email each week, but when there are 500 emails, it might be two weeks. Try to explain your ideas as thouroughly as possible. The less back and forth, the faster for you.
2. If you are looking to get tattooed that day, call the shop or walk in. Josh can often accommodate walk-ins. But if you email in the morning about an afternoon appointment, we will not see it.
3.We can not tattoo every person. I wish that it were so, but James had 22 people ask him for appointments this week alone, and he can only do about 10-14 appointments a week. If you want something simple, or something that’s not specifically custom to the artist, you might be asked to go to Josh, who has more time, and is very capable of doing excellent work.
4. Josh is currently booking March and April. Stina is taking people for her May And June waiting list. James is currently has a full workload until June. Because he currently has so many large projects, he will not be taking most new projects until he opens his July waiting list.
5. We are not always able to accommodate everyone. We try our best, but there are more people looking for appointments than we have time for. We try our best to help everyone, but if the style you are looking for doesn’t suit one of us and we think someone else might be better for you, we might recommend another artist outside of our shop.
6. If you are on the waiting list for a specific month, and we call to schedule you, PLEASE call us back. We have multiple people who dont return our calls and wait until the next month. Our schedules are full and if you skip the month you’re on the waiting list for, you will have to wait much longer. We can’t book you an appointment if you dont call us back.
We are really excited to work with everyone, and sometimes if it takes 10 days to reply to your email, you might feel like we aren’t interested, but please understand that we are. We want everyone to be happy, but we also want to make sure you get the attention that you deserve. 🙂 Hope you guys all get amazing tax returns and we look forward to working with you guys on some great projects.
It’s that time of year you’ve all been waiting for.
Maybe you buy yourself a gift certificate, maybe for a loved one, or maybe you send this e-mail along to your grandma. But the end result is that its our big gift certificate sale! You’ll notice we don’t really send out mailing lists often, but every year we like to say thanks to our clients and friends by sending out some special discount codes for gift certificates. When you purchase the certificates, the code space is on the last page, after you sign into paypal, so don’t forget! http://www.grimnorth.com
On November 21 @7am These codes will turn on (they are limited to certain amounts and will stop working when they sell out):
Use code TENOFF to get $10 off of $100 or more gift certificate. (limited to 25)
Use code FORTYOFF to get $40 off of a $250 or more gift certificate (Limited to 10)
Use code HOLIDAY16 to get $100 off of a $500 or more gift certificate (limited to 10)
On Saturday November 26 @9am This code will turn on (its limited and will stop working when it sells out):
Use code TWENTYOFF to get $20 off of your gift certificate order of $100 or more.
And for those of you who will wait until the last minute, we got you. On December 16th to December 21st we will be selling a 10% off any gift certificate coupon. We will ship them out on that tuesday morning Dec 22. So they really will be LAST minute. Use the code LASTMINUTE
These gift certificates are non-refundable but they also don’t expire!
A couple quick notes.
- Saturday Sept 3rd, our piercer, Stephanie, will be out. She will be having a $5 off piercing special for students with a UNH ID all of next week.
- We are trying to keep up with email. Right now, James and Stina are booked until Dec. So, please be patient and understand that if we take a couple weeks to respond, it’s not a huge deal, because we aren’t booking anyone else right this moment either.
- Josh is taking clients.mHe’s busy, but he has a ton of time and is waiting to take appointments and walk-ins.
- At this time, James is no longer taking new clients until after the new year. He’s started some really huge projects recently, so his work load is full until then. We will be opening his books again around November/Dec. You’re welcome to ask him questions and pop over your ideas, but please understand that he can’t make any commitments until then. When we open his books, he will begging taking clients for his waiting list for 2017.
- We would love to work with every single person, so please don’t take it personally, but we are not always able to fit each person into the schedule.
So, they changed Saturday’s contest time from registration to 3pm. That means your form has to be filled out and handed in by 3. Last year my client tried to turn it in 5 minutes late and was turned away. So please make sure to show up by 2:30 to be safe. I appreciate everyone who is going to enter a contest and don’t forget to check out the info on the gift certificates that you can win.
So as of right now, Josh is taking appointments weekly and walk in’s on Saturdays. James and Stina’s books are now closed and will be reopening in a month to begin booking for October. If you’d like an appointment in October or November, Please fill out a consult form on our website and we will get back to you when we can. We are excited to work with everyone, but please keep in mind that we are only able to help so many people. Our lists can get long and e-mails can get backed up.
Meanwhile, if you’d like to skip the list, we are working at the Manchester Live free or die tattoo Expo. James and Stina will have books of custom designs and one -offs. Pop over on Saturday, enter a contest, and get a tattoo!
Live Free Or Die Tattoo Expo. Buy tickets here http://www.livefreeordietattooexpo.com/tickets/
What’s a tattoo expo? A tattoo expo, or convention is usually a huge hall/center that’s filled with little booths that artists rent out to work. You can walk around and see hundreds of tattooers at work. There are usually little stores with fun crafts, jewelry or clothing to buy. There are live shows, and contests for tattoos. It’s a great place to walk around and show off your tattoos, look at other’s tattoos, find some new art, get a new tattoo, see artists at work (just like ink master!) and enter contests where judges judge your tattoos on a point system.
We will be taking some appointments and we will each have a little walk in time. Right now, James has Sunday July 24th open for an appointment and Stina and James both have time on that Friday. Feel free to message.
So here’s the low down. Every year we ask people to go and enter contests and every year, maybe 5 people enter. We get it, life is busy. But we really appreciate when you guys enter your tattoos because then we both win. This year we are asking you to come enter a contest and we’ll give you a $10 gift certificate just to enter each category. If you win 2nd place you’ll get a $50 gift certificate. If you win first place, you’ll get a $100 certificate. There are about 18 different categories and you can enter multiple. Also, some of these contests have small, medium and large, so that’s more chances to win.
Here’s the schedule:
Friday July 22nd- opens at 5pm. Closed midnight.
Contest registration by 10:30, contest judging at 11:30 for Best cover up (bring a photo of before, and if you don’t have it, ask me, we do!), Half sleeve (We’ve done a ton of half sleeves this year!), Traditional Tattoo ( Ok guys, hardly anyone enters this and every time one of our clients enter, they win. Please please enter), Best lettering or script, and best tattoo done that day.
Saturday July 23- opens at 10am. Closed midnight.
Contest registration by 2:30pm and contest starts at 4pm. Black and grey small, medium and large. (Listen guys, James has been doing so so much black and grey PLEASE come and enter!!) Best color, Small, medium and large. (Again, Stina has been doing a ton of color pieces. Even if your tattoo is small, please please enter!), Best Color Portrait (bring original photo), Best Black and grey portrait (bring original photo. and James has done a few of these this year.), Realism, Horror Color, Horro Black and Grey, and Tattoo of the day.
Sunday July 24- opens at 10am. Closed 6pm.
Registration by 4pm. Contests start at 5pm. Best arm or leg sleeve. (Again, we’ve done a few this year!!) Best chest piece, best back piece, best overall body tattoo, Tattoo of the day.