The shop will be closed today (2/21/2018). We will re-open tomorrow (Thursday, 2/22/2018) at 11am. See you tomorrow! 🙂
Hello everyone. First I want to say thanks for making 2017 an amazing year. Sometimes its hard to keep up with the new portion of this website because we do so much on instagram and facebook. Sorry if we neglect this sometimes. Please do take a moment to peek at our instagram pages @grimnorth_tattoo, @grimnorthpiercing @teawulfe @jmwulfe @joshuabelanger (and our side Project @laserbrainpatchco) or our Facebook page. Sign up for our chill mailing list.
So we are really heading into tax season. Every year it comes up on us silent and deadly. Last week I had 4 cancelations, and this week I’ve already had 20 e-mails for March. We get slammed quickly. So Im writing this info blog as a way to help you all out in navigating the confusion of tax season tattoos.
- First, we are really excited to get so many amazing ideas. The fact that you all trust us with your bodies, and your dreams is amazing and we are so grateful to work with you. It’s awesome to meet so many interesting people and we love it.
- There are only so many hours in a day and a week. Saturday appointments get booked quickly. Josh will often leave part of his Saturdays open so that he can take walk-ins, but Stina and James have most of their Saturday waiting lists booked for 2-3 months. If you are trying to get a tattoo appointment and you can only do Saturdays please let your artists know ahead of time, otherwise we will assume your schedule is flexible.
- Please read our FAQ. I know I know, its so long and boring. BUT it explains how our waiting lists work, what ID we need, the costs/rates, what you should bring to your appointment, and some safety tips. We want your experience to be easy and amazing, we want your tattoo to be perfect, so take a moment to read the FAQ before you book.
- E-mail. During the normal year we try and get back to emails as quickly as possible but keep in mind that we are often tattooing for 8 hours a day, and then drawing up your appointments. Sometimes it can be a little bit before we can reply to all of our emails. During Tax season, the shop might get literally 200+ emails a week. During this time I spend 8 hours a week replying to e-mail and often don’t answer it all. We try our hardest, but during March and April, its common for e-mail to take 2 weeks for a reply. Keep in mind that our waiting lists are usually 3 months in march, so the 2 week wait for e-mail does not effect your tattoo wait time. If you would like to get a tattoo with the shortest wait time possible, please fill out an appointment form and pick Josh as your tattooer. He has the shortest waiting list.
- Pricing and cost. This is often the most difficult of questions because each style of tattoo, the size of the tattoo, each location of body, each color of ink, can change the amount of time the tattoo takes. The best way to get an accurate price guesstimate is to give us an accurate size guess of what you want. If you are a tiny person and you tell me your arm is 6 feet long, you are not going to get an accurate price guess. So grab a ruler and fill out our appointment form with a realistic size guess. Any tattoo under 3 hours long will be priced be size. Our shop minimum is $70. Stina’s and James’ tattoo minimum prices are $250. Tattoos over 3 hours long will be priced hourly. Josh’s hourly rate is $125 an hour with a minimum of 3 hour appointments. Stina’s and James’ hourly rate is $150 an hour with a minimum of 3 hour appointments.
- Please take a look at our portfolios. Our instagrams have our most up to date work. @grimnorth_tattoo @teawulfe @jmwulfe @joshuabelanger Pick an artist who’s style interests you. If you want a design that we don’t think will work with any of our styles, we will be happy to point you to a trusted colleague who’s style works with you.
PLEASE SIGN UP FOR THE MAILING LIST. We only mail our list about 5 times a year and it’s usually for events, raffles, prizes, gift certificate sales, and special news.
So I hope I haven’t made anyone too overwhelmed haha. We really love working with you, and we want it to be nice and easy for you to understand our processes so that you don’t feel worried and you get the best tattoo. If you have a question, just give us a call or drop an email. If you have a design you want to get but aren’t sure what will work, just drop us an email, we are happy to help. We are really excited for this upcoming tax season, and we are excited to do a ton of awesome new work. Thanks so much for considering us/choosing us/ getting tattooed/ or just checking out our work. -Stina
Make sure to sign up for our mailing list because we have big plans for this years May the 4th be with you/ Star Wars day!
So this year, the Manchester NH Live free or die Expo will be at the Radisson in Manchester, NH. Buy tickets here! JULY 21st, 22nd and 23rd!! This weekend
It’s a huge hall with tons of vendors, Tattooers, art, food and clothes. There are shows, contests, sideshow performances. Everyone is welcome to come, hang out, or get tattooed.
We all are taking appointments for the weekend!! We have some spots filled, but not all of them. So please pop us an email GrimNorth@me.com and we will be happy see what we can do.
If you have been tattooed by us, PLEASE PLEASE consider entering a contest. Theres a link to the tattoo contests here.
IF YOU WIN ANY PLACE IN ANY CONTEST, YOU GET A $30 GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR EACH WIN!
A lot of times, there are not many entries for some contests. Especially on Friday night ( Half sleeve, Traditional tattoos, and cover ups all at 11pm). If you have a Cover-up, a Half Sleeve or a traditional tattoo, PLEASE consider coming. We often win contests, but we can’t if no one shows up! Sat at 3pm is your small/med/large color tattoos, Black and Grey and portraits. And Sunday is best full sleeve, chest or back. Seriously. PLEASE take the time to show up for contests if you can, we really appreciate it.
Stina has a large design she would like to do on Sunday for a discounted rate of $500, and enter it into the contest for tattoo of the day. If you are interested, check it out here. (or below lady with the tiger) It can fit on a calf/shin, forearm or thigh.
Everyone has quite a few designs, ready to go for a walk in during the convention, or you can check out some designs below and schedule! James can also do portraits, or black and grey roses there. Email us GrimNorth@me.com
This Saturday, June 24th is Pride Day! Portsmouth has a ton of events going on all day and a parade! Please go to www.seacoastoutright.org for info. As part of the events we are going to be doing a huge fundraiser for Seacoast Outright, which is a nonprofit organization that gives teens support and help. We will be open 11:30am-7pm and we will have Jeremiah Loui guest spotting with us. We are going to be doing tattoos all day, first come first serve. We have a ton of cool designs that show your pride or your support. We are seriously hoping to raise a bunch of money for this awesome organization. We will also have Louise out front selling a ton of luluroe leggings and she’ll also be donating funds to seacoast outright.
For those of you who might not want a tattoo, or might not be old enough, please stop in and buy a couple buttons, we have a bunch of designs. Or a Seacoast outright shirt and some leggings to match!
Get here early! We expect to be busy! For a peek at some of the designs, check out our Instagram @grimnorth_tattoo
We are absolutely thrilled to announce that Suzanna Fisher, from Seattle, will be guest spotting Friday, June 2nd to Sunday, June 4th. Suzanna owns Bellwether Tattoo and doesn’t usually have a lot of time to travel. She is going to book up super fast. She has a wide range of skills and styles, so there’s something for everyone to love. Check out her tattoos on her instagram, and below. Then make an appointment by e-mailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to make the subject GRIM NORTH TATTOO, then tell her your name, phone#, description of tattoo, Size in inches, and body placement for your design. Attach any inspirational photos.
We put up a new tee in the shop for preorder!
Tees will ship March 31st, and preorders will be open for the next two weeks. If you order within this window, you will receive a handful of grim stickers, goodies, free shipping within the United States, and the first 10 will receive an original alien hand drawn sketch from Josh.
These are black fashion fit unisex Next Level Apparel tees, light and thin, with discharge ink to promote a soft, comfortable feel. Perfect for staring up at the stars on a hot summer night, or running from alien terror reigning death from above.
These will be of limited quantity so be sure you preorder from our webstore.
So last month I made a post about emails, scheduling and wait list times. First, I encourage you to look at our FAQ and see how we schedule and book. There are 3 tattooers here, Stina, James and Josh. Josh usually has some time free each week, and doesn’t usually have a waiting list that lasts over a month. James does a lot of black and grey work which can be very time consuming, so each piece might take more appointments. That means he has less slots open for new clients or projects. Stina has some larger pieces, but usually has room each month for some new projects.
We are now in the busiest time of year.
Everyone is getting their tax money, and everyone wants a tattoo. Please understand, we want to do all of your tattoos, but sometimes time constraints can make it difficult. Here are some things to consider;
1. We get a LOT of emails. Sometimes up to 100 a day during tax season. We are tattooing everyday and CAN NOT reply to every e-mail daily. We usually do email each week, but when there are 500 emails, it might be two weeks. Try to explain your ideas as thouroughly as possible. The less back and forth, the faster for you.
2. If you are looking to get tattooed that day, call the shop or walk in. Josh can often accommodate walk-ins. But if you email in the morning about an afternoon appointment, we will not see it.
3.We can not tattoo every person. I wish that it were so, but James had 22 people ask him for appointments this week alone, and he can only do about 10-14 appointments a week. If you want something simple, or something that’s not specifically custom to the artist, you might be asked to go to Josh, who has more time, and is very capable of doing excellent work.
4. Josh is currently booking March and April. Stina is taking people for her May And June waiting list. James is currently has a full workload until June. Because he currently has so many large projects, he will not be taking most new projects until he opens his July waiting list.
5. We are not always able to accommodate everyone. We try our best, but there are more people looking for appointments than we have time for. We try our best to help everyone, but if the style you are looking for doesn’t suit one of us and we think someone else might be better for you, we might recommend another artist outside of our shop.
6. If you are on the waiting list for a specific month, and we call to schedule you, PLEASE call us back. We have multiple people who dont return our calls and wait until the next month. Our schedules are full and if you skip the month you’re on the waiting list for, you will have to wait much longer. We can’t book you an appointment if you dont call us back.
We are really excited to work with everyone, and sometimes if it takes 10 days to reply to your email, you might feel like we aren’t interested, but please understand that we are. We want everyone to be happy, but we also want to make sure you get the attention that you deserve. 🙂 Hope you guys all get amazing tax returns and we look forward to working with you guys on some great projects.